The chicken is coated in a spice rub and cooked over open flames. It’s a very common way to prepare chicken in the summer to be cooked on a barbecue.
Italian Deviled Chicken (Pollo alla Diavola)
A superb method to cook a whole chicken with a lovely basting sauce. One you must try.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Combine the butter, oil, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the garlic, onion, parsley, and 4 teaspoons (20 ml) of the butter mixture to form a coarse paste.
- Brush the chicken quarters with some of the remaining butter mixture, sprinkle with salt, and broil, skin side down, under a preheated broiler for 5 minutes.
- Baste again and continue broiling for 5 more minutes.
- Turn the chicken skin side up and baste again.
- Broil another 10 to 15 minutes, basting every 5 minutes, until the juices run clear when a thigh is pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Spread the onion mixture over the chicken using a metal spatula to pat it firmly into place and continue broiling until the coating is lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter or individual serving plates and spoon the pan drippings over it.
- Serve garnished with lemon wedges.
Sodium: 398mg | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 71mg | Cholesterol: 242mg | Calories: 1092kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Fat: 93g | Protein: 61g | Carbohydrates: 3g