Mums Chicken Satay is a dish for those “need a pick up” moments. The soft moist chicken with a delicious thick sauce makes it hard to resist. I use smooth peanut butter for the sauce and with garlic and soy sauce with rice wine vinegar. Also, I serve Mums Chicken Satay as a starter, main dish, side dish all work. I make the marinade in advance and leave the chicken to absorb the flavours. Furthermore, Mums Chicken Satay can be grilled, stir fried and put on bbq. The flavours are superb and only get better.
Mums Chicken Satay
- Combine the soy sauce, rice wine, salt, pepper and corn flour in a glass bowl and stir well. I use glass instead of metal as a strong marinade can take the flavour of the metal.
- Add the chicken and mix well. Leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes but ideally a few hours.
- Add all of the satay sauce ingredients into a blender and blitz until lovely and smooth.
- This is where I have two options. Either skewer the chicken or you can wok fry. The option are listed below:-
- Wok Fry
- Place your wok over a high heat and add the groundnut oil.
- When the oil is piping hot, add the chicken pieces and stir fry for about 5 minutes until it has turned brown.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the satay sauce from the blender and stir fry for another 5 minutes.
- When cooked, transfer to a warm dish. Sprinkle with the thinly sliced cucumber and onion.
- Carefully skewer the chicken pieces and dab with the satay sauce.
- Pour the Satay Sauce into a small pan and gently warm.
- Turn on your hob and heat a griddle pan until hot. Place the skewers onto the pan and cook turning frequent.
- Each time you turn, dab sauce on to keep them moist.
- After cooking for about 10 minutes, test one of the pieces by slicing into. If there is any red/pink then its not yet cooked.
- Serve with the sauce in a small dish for dunking.