Thai Chicken and Jasmine Rice from TheRecipe.Website is a simple dish that packs so much flavour and aroma. You will no longer view it as a side dish but a main dish and food on the go. I often whip up a large quantity of this when friends are popping round for a “drink”. It also does not make much mess and easy for everyone to eat even standing up.
Thai Chicken and Rice
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 500 g chicken thigh trim/chop
- 1 large brown onion sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum sliced
- 1/4 cup Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 400 ml coconut milk can
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 600 g mange tout sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander chopped to serve
- 1 whole red chilli sliced to serve
- Heat oil in a large sturdy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add half the chicken. Cook, stirring until just browned.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add onion and capsicum to pan and cook until onion has softened.
- Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add rice. Stir to coat. Re-add chicken.
- Add coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil. Cover.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli. Cook, covered, for a further 5 minutes or until rice is tender and coconut mixture absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in fish sauce and lime juice.
- Sprinkle with coriander and chilli.
- Serve and enjoy