Deviled Eggs are one of those dishes that are so simple to make and taste amazing but are rarely made. This recipe is ideal for starters, buffets, appetizers and as a side dish. Adding the gherkins and jalapenos to simple boiled eggs gives a lovely hit to this dish. These are superb when served alongside Shrimp Tempura, Scallops with Prosciutto and Pea and Potato Samosas – Simple Recipe. The different texture and flavours compliment each other for a plate of the worlds cuisine. Also, this recipe can be made in advance and stored in the fridge. I have also made these for family picnics as they add a variety to the norm.
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for 6 minutes and allow to cool
- Peel shells off cooled hard-boiled eggs; slice into halves lengthwise
- Remove yolks from whites and place in a small round bowl
- Mash yolks with a fork into fine pieces
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons Mayonnaise, yellow mustard, diced gherkins and finely chopped jalapeno and salt and black pepper to taste
- Stir mixture until creamy
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag or similar
- Squeeze mixture into egg white halves.
- Sprinkle tops of filled deviled eggs with paprika.
- Chill in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours or until cold before serving.