Leek Frittata is a simple dish that can be used as a main dish or as a side dish. It is very flexible but at the same time very quick and simple to cook. There are only four ingredients in this dish helping to make it a fridge clear out recipe. Using leeks that have been sauteed until lovely and soft makes this dish so worthwhile.
Leek Frittata (Frittata ai Porri)
- Heat the butter in a large skillet, preferably non-stick, over moderate heat and sauté the leeks for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Combine the eggs and cheese in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Cook until the bottom is browned and the top is still runny, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place under a preheated broiler until the top id lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Slide the frittata onto a serving platter and serve warm or at room temperature.