Onion Soup - Zuppa di Cipolle
A simple Italian soup served with thick crusty bread. Easy but so tasty.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Heat the oil in a pot over moderate heat and add the onions, salt, and pepper.
- Saute until the onions begin to brown, about 10 minutes, then lower the heat and continue cooking until the onions are lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, add the stock and water, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- To serve, place a slice of toasted bread in each bowl, ladle the soup over the bread.
- Garnish with shavings of the pecorino cheese.
This soup hits the spot every single time!!
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 396mg | Potassium: 367mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g