Osso Buco Nan Style is a dish I have eaten so many times over the years. The combination of the veal with the garlic, onions, tomatoes and wine slowly cooked always works. I serve it with homemade pasta for a perfect dish. Served a s a main dish, you family and guests will be licking their lips.
Osso Buco Nan Style
- Pour the fine flour into a wide bowl and dust the veal shanks lightly.
- Add the butter to a medium pan and melt over a medium heat.
- Add the veal to the pan and brown on all sides.
- When browned, move to a warmed dish and put to one side for now.
- Using the same pan, add the garlic and onion and cook until the onion is lovely and tender.
- When cooked, place the veal back into the pan along with the carrot and wine.
- Over a medium heat, bring the pan to a simmer for about 10 minutes until the wine has reduced slightly.
- Add the tomatoes and beef stock and season with salt and pepper..
- Cover the pan and continue to simmer over a low heat for 90 minutes.
- Remember to baste the meat every 10 -15 minutes to keep it moist.