If you are looking for a quick family dinner then a Penne Nicoise is the answer. A simple Italian dish that takes a bland tuna and jump starts the flavour. This is a variation of Salad Nicoise and transforms it into a a family meal. Served as a main dish every time for a happy family. This is a lovely vegetarian dish full of vegetables that is hard to beat.
- 1 lb penne 450 g
- 8 oz tuna 185 g
- 3 large eggs boiled
- 8 oz green beans trimmed
- 1 cups cherry tomatoes 250 ml, halved
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olives pitted, 60 ml
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley 60 ml, chopped
- 6 tbsp olive oil 90 ml
- 3 tbsp lemon juice 45 ml
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 8 -10 minutes.
- Add the green beans and continue cooking until the pasta is tender but al dente and the green beans are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold running water.
- Combine the pasta and green beans in a large bowl along with the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, olives, and parsley, tossing to combine.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and pour over the pasta mixture, tossing to combine.
- Garnish the top of the salad with the tuna and eggs and serve at room temperature.