Sand Tarts are a simple American recipe for cookies which include pecan nuts. These are, with the exception for those with nut allergies, divine morsels. Best of all, they are ideal for dunking in a mug of coffee for that between meal snack. I normally make the dough the night before to allow it to relax in the fridge. These are superb for snack, picnics, lunch boxes and anytime you have a break. Adding cinnamon gives the cookies a lovely little kick that is big enough to make a hot but not too much. All in all a lovely little treat to have in the larder.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Slowly add the flour, working it in well.
- Add the well-beaten eggs and mix thoroughly. Chill dough overnight.
- The next day, roll out thin on lightly floured board; brush cookies with the egg white which has been slightly beaten.
- Sprinkle with sugar and a little cinnamon and press 1/2 pecan into center of cookie.
- Bake at 350-F about 10 minutes.