Smooth Creamy Mushroom Sauce is a versatile recipe that is simple, fast and very very tasty. This sauce has many uses. Mix with fresh cooked pasta, pour over rice etc. My favourite is adding leftover chicken or turkey to the sauce and using it as a filling in a pie.
Smooth Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Put a frying pan over a high heat and add the oil and butter.
- When hot, add the chopped onion and fry until the onion has softened but not changed colour.
- Then add the mushrooms and the garlic and cook for a further 4-5 minutes so the mushrooms have softened but not released their juice.
- Now add the wine. It should be good quality and one you would drink.
- Lower the temperature so the mixture simmers and reduce the volume of the liquid by half. This intensifies the flavours.
- Finally add the crème fraiche and parsley and stir well.
- Taste the sauce and season accordingly.
- Make sure that everything is lovely and hot.
- Serve immediately