Mumz Yorkshire Puddings are a true thing of beauty. They help to pick up peas, scoop up the gravy and make any roast meal better. Served as a side dish they form a vital part of any meal, not to leave anything behind. Best of all there are only 3 ingredients and can be cooked in the oven the same time as the roast beef, chicken and lamb etc. Best of all if there are any leftover, then you have a ready made dessert. Another recipe to come soon.
Mumz Yorkshire Puddings
- 2 Muffin Tray 12 well in each one
- 1 Pouring Jug
- Pre heat your oven to 410F/230C/fan 210C/Gas 8.
- Add a little sunflower oil into each well of 2 12-hole non-stick muffin tins.
- Place in the oven for the oil to heat up. It has to be piping hot for the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the plain flour and break in the eggs.
- Beat the mixture until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk and continue to beat until there are no lumps. Its easier if you add the milk slowly that in one go.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When the batter is ready, pour it into a large jug to make it easier to pour it into the trays
- When the oil is piping hot, carefully remove from the oven and place on a heat resistant level surface.
- Carefully and evenly pour the batter into the holes.
- Return the now filled trays back to the oven and leave for 20-25 minutes until all puffed up and lovely and brown.
- Serve immediately and any left over can be used as a dessert which I will show you later.