When you think of breakfast or brunch, you think of pancakes. How about having Apple Pecan Pancakes with Apple Spice Syrup instead. This will wake you up, kick start the brain and get the day off to a proper start. The pecan nuts add a superb texture and flavour that blends with the cinnamon to create a superb flavour. This syrup is easy to make and can be used with so many bases. I often serve this with seasonal fruits and a spoonful of cream to make it even more delicious. Why not surprise your family and friends and cook this at the weekend.
Apple Pecan Pancakes with Apple Spice Syrup
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the milk, egg yolks, and vanilla.
- Fold in the apple, pecans, and beaten egg whites.
- Using a 1/4 cup (60 ml) measure, drop onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or skillet.
- Turn when bubbles form on the surface and the edges are golden brown.
- Serve with apple spice syrup - See separate recipe for the syrup.