Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce is a divine American recipe that incorporate ingredients which are perfect partners. The traditional mix of pork and beef, eggs, breadcrumbs and seasoning create the ideal meatball. However, add a touch of paprika to the mix makes these stand out from others. The sauce is created from only five ingredients but the combine to have so much flavour. However, The addition of Cranberry Sauce gives such a lovely fruit hit with drowning out the other ingredient. This recipe is ideal as a main dish served on a bed of piping hot rice. The rice soaks up the sauce so nothing is left over.
Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce
- Combine all ingredients for the meatballs, mixing thoroughly.
- Form into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350F (180C) oven for 20 minutes.
- Discard the drippings and transfer the meatballs to the slow cooker.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour over the meatballs and cook covered on high heat for 3 to 4 hours.