A divine recipe for slow cooking bread with the apricots adding an additional texture. Use lots of different fruits to suit your own flavoured bread. Apricot Nut Bread is such a simple recipe yet packs so much flavour. Ideal for snacks and picnics not to mention having for breakfast and brunch.
Apricot Nut Bread
- Place the apricots on a chopping block. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of flour over the cut up fruit from sticking together.
- Sift the remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- Combine the milk, egg, orange peel, and oil. Stir the flour mixture and the whole wheat flour. Fold in the cut up apricots, any flour left on the cutting block and the walnuts.
- Pour into a well greased, floured baking unit.
- Cover and place on a rack in the slow cooker, but prop the lid open a fraction with a toothpick or a twist of foil to let excess steam escape.
- Cook on High for 4 to 6 hours. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm or cold.