When asked about a muffin , how many of you immediately think of a Blueberry Muffin. I do. The combination of the soft cake and the fresh blueberries with that unmissable hit of cinnamon make these the perfect snack. This American recipe is so easy even I can do it. You will probably already have most of the ingredients in your larder so they are even easier and no excuses. I often serve this on a plate with various other flavour. These included Banana & Peanut Butter Muffins, Lemon Ginger Muffins and a new favourite Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. We have a lot more muffin recipes for you to try – help yourself.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease 12 muffin cups generously; a vegetable oil pan spray works well.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until they're light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in the milk and vanilla. mixing only until smooth. Quickly stir in the berries.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 to almost full, using all of the batter. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the muffins for 30 minutes, until they're light golden brown, remove them from the oven, and place the pan on a rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, run a knife around the edge of one muffin, and try to lift it out of the pan.
- If the muffin lifts out of the pan without crumbling, remove all of the muffins and cool them completely on a wire rack. If the muffin sticks or the top peels off, allow them to cool another 10 minutes and try again.