Caramel Pork Belly
So few ingredient but they work to make it unbelievably tasty. Even the most stubborn people will fall for this.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 4 peopl
- Pout the cooking oil into a frying pan over medium heat and sear the pork cubes until they are brown. When browned, remove from pan and allow to drain.
- In a separate pan, heat the sugar over a low heat until it has started to dissolve caramalise into a golden colour. Do not stir the caramel just agitate the pan.
- Remove from the heat and add 50ml of warm water being careful as it may sizzle.
- Stir the pork into the caramel and then stir in the fish sauce along with 3 tablespoons of warm water. turn the pork over halfway through cooking.
- Cover and cook gently for about an hour until the meat is tender.
- Add the peppercorns and cook for a few more minutes
- Serve with rice and steamed veg fo a perfect meal.
Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
Calories: 640kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1078mg | Potassium: 247mg | Sugar: 12g