French version of the classic apple piePrint Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 8 slices
- Brush the olive oil onto a cookie sheet with no sides, or on the bottom of a jelly roll pan.
- Combine the butter, flour, and salt in a food processor and pulse until a coarse meal is formed.
- Add the water and process until the dough forms a ball.
- Form the dough into a thick, flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough directly on the oiled cookie sheet, forming a circle about 14 inches (35 cm) in diameter.
- Combine the apples, honey, lemon juice, and thyme in a bowl and toss to combine well.
- Arrange the apple slices on the pastry, leaving a 1 to 2 inch (3 to 5 cm) border all around.
- Fold the border over the apples to form a rustic crust.
- Pour any remaining honey-lemon juice mixture over the apples.
- Bake in a preheated 400F (200C) oven for about 1 hour, until the crust is golden brown and the apples are tender.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 26mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g