Cherry Coffee Cake is a simple recipe that doesn’t include coffee!! It is served warm and is totally delicious. Using a few ingredients including oats, spices and butter for the topping is a beautiful mixture. Creating a batter of sugar, eggs, milk and cherry filling creates a divine temptation. Also, serving this cake as a snack and as a dessert will have a queue forming for a slice.
Cherry Coffee Cake
- For topping, combine sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl; mix well. Cut in butter to make a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- For batter, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add eggs and milk; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix; batter will be lumpy.
- Spread half the batter into a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Spoon cherry filling evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle reserved topping over batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.