Cherry Coffee Cake is a simple recipe that strangely enough doesn’t include coffee!! However, it is served warm and is totally delicious.
Cherry Coffee Cake
- For topping, combine sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl; mix well. Cut in butter to make a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- For batter, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add eggs and milk; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix; batter will be lumpy.
- Spread half the batter into a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Spoon cherry filling evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle reserved topping over batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.