- Place the spinach in a large pot over moderate heat with only the water clinging to the leaves after washing.
- Cover the pot and steam the spinach, stirring occasionally, until wilted and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Squeeze out as much water as possible and chop finely.
- Combine with all remaining ingredients except the pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the dough for the pasta into six equal portions and roll to the thinnest setting on the pasta machine.
- Place a teaspoon (5 ml) of the filling in rows at 2-inch (5 cm) intervals on three of the strips of pasta.
- Moisten the dough in between the stuffing with water, using a pastry brush or your finger.
- Place the remaining strips of dough over the filling and press down around the filling, eliminating as much air as possible from inside the ravioli.
- Use a knife or fluted pastry wheel to cut into individual ravioli.
- Press the edges of each to seal completely.
- Place the ravioli on lightly floured dish towels, making sure they don't touch each other.
- Turn every half hour if not using immediately to ensure the dry evenly on both sides.
- Cook within 4 hours, or freeze or refrigerate for future use.
- Boil in at least 4 quarts (4 L) of salted water for 3 to 5 minutes, until the pasta is tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and serve immediately.