I have never met anyone who didn't love this recipe. Try it and see.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 lb
- Combine the water, salt, sugar, seasonings, and sodium nitrate in a large pot and stir to dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Put the brisket in the brine mixture, placing a weight on top to make sure the beef is completely immersed.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for 3 weeks, turning the beef every 5 days.
- To cook, rinse well and simmer for 1 hour per pound of meat.
Sodium: 40164mg | Sugar: 30g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 38mg | Cholesterol: 381mg | Calories: 1051kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Fat: 53g | Protein: 113g | Carbohydrates: 32g