Easy Eggs Benedict is a perfect brunch recipe. I use asparagus for the greenery as the soft buttery texture combines with muffin and eggs superbly. Poaching eggs for 3 – 4 minutes means the white is set but the yolk is lovely and runny.
Easy Eggs Benedict
One of my favourite brunch recipe.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 People
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Trim the asparagus base removing the hard part. Add butter to a frying pan and melt over a medium heat. Pan fry for about 10 minutes rotating frequently. Cook until lovely and tender.
- While they are frying its time to make the hollandaise, melt the butter in a small pan. Put the egg yolks into a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and whisk with a tablespoon of lemon juice and the mustard.
- Very slowly pour the melted butter into the egg mixture, while whisking constantly making sure it is well combined. Add a splash of water to loosen if it gets too thick.
- Whisk in a splash of vinegar and season with salt and pepper to how you like it.
- Turn the heat off and keep warm over the pan of water, stirring occasionally, and loosening with an extra splash of water if required.
- Place the muffin on a baking tray and put in the oven to heat up.
- Bring a pot of water to a gentle simmer. When simmering add a good pinch of salt.
- Break the eggs into individual cups (its easier to add them to the water if ready)
- Give the water a good stir creating a funnel in the centre of the pan. Whilst it is still spinning, gently pour the eggs into the water and cook for 3 – 4 minutes until the white is set.
- Remove the eggs using a slotted spoon and place on paper towel to drain.
- Halve the warm muffins, then add the delicate smoked ham. Add the asparagus to each of the muffins and gently place a poached egg on top of the asparagus. Add a full tablespoon of hollandaise over each pile and serve immediately.
Sodium: 401mg | Calcium: 56mg | Vitamin C: 14mg | Vitamin A: 1039IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 196mg | Cholesterol: 344mg | Calories: 314kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Fat: 28g | Protein: 12g | Carbohydrates: 4g | Iron: 2mg