Game Hens With Cranberry Barbecue Sauce makes a lovely change to the normal chicken. These birds are sweet and so tasty so when cooked in cranberry barbecue sauce, they get even better. This recipe has few ingredient but the combine to create a main dish that will become a favourite in your home. When cooking, your home will be filled with a delicious aroma that puts everyone into a good mood. I serve these with Roasted Barbecue Potatoes and Roasted Parmesan Parsnips for a balanced meal that is very popular. These Hens are becoming more and more available at supermarkets.
Game Hens With Cranberry Barbecue Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cranberries, juice, barbecue sauce, and sugar and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the hens in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Roast the hens, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Baste hens with some of the sauce and continue to roast for an additional 20 minutes, until juices run clear.
- Serve with additional warm sauce on the side.