Granola is a breakfast food and snack food consisting of rolled oats, nuts, honey or other sweeteners such as brown sugar, and sometimes puffed rice, that is usually baked until it is crisp, toasted and golden brown.
- 1 cup water 250 ml
- 1 cup brown sugar 250 ml
- 1/2 cup honey 125 ml
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil 80 ml
- 1/4 cup molasses 60 ml
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon 45 ml
- 8 cups oatmeal 2 L
- 1 cup walnuts 250 ml, chop
- 1 cup pecans 250 ml, chop
- 1 cup almonds 250 ml, sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut 250 ml
- 1 cup sunflower seeds 250 ml, shelled
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds 60 ml
- 1/4 cup wheat germ 60 ml
- 3 cups raisins 750 ml
- Combine the water, brown sugar, honey, oil, molasses, and cinnamon is a saucepan and bring to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients except the raisins in a very large mixing bowl and add the syrup, stirring to combine thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture between 2 or 3 sheet pans and bake in a preheated 250F (120C) for 2 to 3 hours, stirring every 20 minutes, until toasted and dry.
- Allow to cool and add the raisins.