A homemade Miso Bean Burger is a true delight whether you are a vegetarian or not. The flavour, texture and body of the burger is amazing and will have you going back for more. Meat free burgers are no longer taste free as well. Hence Miso Bean Burgers are just one of a growing range of vegetarian recipes. The preparation of Miso Bean burgers is fast and simple and letting the burgers “sit” in the fridge increases the flavour immensely. We have other vegetarian burger recipes for you to taste and enjoy. We have used kidney beans but that is just us; there are plenty of beans with different flavours available to use.
Miso Bean Burger
- Put the spices, onion, oil, miso, puree in a processor and blitz to form a thick paste.
- Add the beans, oats, flaxseed and sweetcorn.
- Season with salt and pepper, and whiz briefly to combine everything, retaining some texture.
- Divide the mixture into 6 - 8 burgers.
- Place on a greased baking tray and ideally chill for a minimum of 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat the grill/broiler.
- Grill the burgers for 5 minutes on each side until golden and crisp.
- Serve in buns with lettuce, onion and sliced tomato with coleslaw on the side.