Scrambled Eggs and Ham is a useful tip for a fast breakfast. Many people only have scrambled eggs for breakfast and/or brunch but they are so flexible. You can have them for lunch, snack, dinner, side dish. This is a quick dish that is filling and also helps to use up left over bits of ham and other meats well. Eggs have proven to aid digestion and provide an inexpensive source of high quality protein. This dish is often a favourite at Christmas when there is lots of spare meat available. Obviously any left over meats is acceptable so long as it is tasty.
Scrambled Eggs and Ham
- Break the eggs into a bowl and add the milk salt and pepper and garlic powder. Whisk gently to combine.
- Fry the onions quickly in a little butter until soft but not coloured.
- Melt a little butter and a drop of oil, I use sesame for a little nutty flavoour in a shallow frying pan.
- Pour the egg mixture in and hen bubbles start to appear in the mixture use a soft spatula to "fold" the eggs into the middle. Continue until the eggs are nearly cooked to your liking.
- Add the cooked ham and the onions to the eggs and continue to fold in until ready.
- Add the cheese to the eggs and place until the grill for a minute for the sheese to melt and combine with the eggs and ham.
- Serve immediatley either with toast or a little lambs lettuce salad for a divine simple dish.