What can I say except yum. These All-Star Pork Meatballs are easy to prepare, simple to cook and are basted in a sauce that will blow your mind. I always use fresh ground pork as it is easier to mould into ball shapes than frozen. This is also a good recipe to get children interested in cooking. They love crushing the cornflakes and making the meatballs. These make a superb main dish for any time of the year. Also, I usually serve these on a bed of hot rice and pour the leftover sauce over the plates. Nothing goes to waste.
All-Star Pork Meatballs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine ground pork, onion flakes, corn flakes, salt, pepper and egg.
- In a small bowl stir together ketchup, brown sugar and dry mustard.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the ketchup mixture into the pork and mix well.
- Spray muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray. Form 6 meatballs and place in muffin tin.
- Coat the top of each meatball with the remaining ketchup mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F., until nicely browned and glazed.