Hoi Sin and Ginger Pork Ribs is a Chinese dish that I adore. The flavours of the hoi sin and soy sauces create an underlying base of a dish that in sticky and full of taste. Any Pork Ribs roasted this way will fit into any menu. I serve these with Vegetable Chow Mein, Chicken Fried Rice and Chicken Fried Rice. These are ideal as a starter, main dish and a side dish. The marinade of this recipe include a lot of ingredients but once you have tasted it, you will understand why. I make this a day or so in advance and store in the fridge.
Hoi Sin and Ginger Pork Ribs
- Place the ribs into a large dish.
- Put everything else into a blender and blitz until you have a smooth sauce. smear the sauce allover the ribs making sure everything cm is covered.
- Cover the dish with a lid and place in the fridge for the night to marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
- line a roasting tray with foil and place a sit rack on top. Pour boiling water into the tray.
- Lift the ribs out of the marinade and place on the tray, bone side down.
- Roast for about 30 minutes and then reduce to 160C/325F/Gas 3. If the water in the base is running low top it up with more boiling water
- Roast for another hour.
- When nearly cooked , simmer the marinade in a pan for a few minutes.
- Cut the ribs up and place on a dish and pour the heated marindae over the top.
- Enjoy I do.