Noodle Soup – Sopa de Fideos is a simple dish that packs a delightful flavours all year round. Shops in Mexico sell packages of dried noodles labelled fideos especially for this dish, but the term actually refers to any dried pasta. The flavour of the tomatoes with the sherry, garlic, onions and beef stock create an amazing main dish. Noodle Soup – Sopa de Fideos is a simple dish that packs a delightful flavours all year round.
Noodle Soup – Sopa de Fideos
- Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat and saute the broken noodles until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, onion, and garlic in an electric blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour the tomato mixture into the pot with the noodles and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the stock and simmer covered until the noodles are tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and stir in the sherry if desired.
- Serve with grated Parmesan.