Tortilla-Ball Soup – Sopa de Bolitas de Tortilla is a delicate soup using tortillas as a base. The garlic, sweetcorn and onions create a lovely crunch to this soup. I have served this as a starter and as a snack and also as the main dish.
Tortilla-Ball Soup – Sopa de Bolitas de Tortilla
A superbly classic boiled dumpling soup. It has body, textures, flavours and aromas – what every recipe should have.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Soak the tortillas in the milk for 15 minutes.
- Combine the tortillas and milk with the onion and garlic in an electric blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Combine with the cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into small balls.
- Meanwhile, bring the chicken stock to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Stir in the tomato paste and optional cayenne.
- Add the tortilla balls and simmer for 10 minutes.
Sodium: 917mg | Sugar: 4g | Fiber: 0.4g | Potassium: 193mg | Cholesterol: 18mg | Calories: 124kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fat: 6g | Protein: 11g | Carbohydrates: 6g