Oven Baked Buttermilk Chicken is a must have dish in my home. The buttermilk gives a mild creaminess to the chicken while the Dried soup mix gives the crunch. You can use breadcrumbs instead of the soup mix. I have served this as a main dish and side dish to great success.
Oven-Baked Buttermilk Chicken
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine golden onion recipe soup mix with flour; set aside.
- Beat eggs with buttermilk. Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk mixture, then flour mixture, coating well.
- Place in large shallow baking pan, on rack, and chill 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with butter, then bake 45 minutes or until well done.
- Refrigerate chicken overnight so it’s totally cold when you’re ready to pack up your picnic stuff.