Scallop Kebabs cooked on the bbq or grilled take on a whole new flavour with a squeeze of lemon. Simple but exotic. Wrapping the bacon around the scallops add flavour, texture and extra body to the recipe. This has been used as a starter, appetizer, side dish and even a main dish. They are very versatile, are always popular and It is obviously a smaller version of surf and turf.
Scallop Kebabs Tip:
Also Never ever over cook the scallops as they will become rubbery. Literally, 1 minute one side and flip over to do the other side. Make sure the pan is hot.
- Cut the bacon into kebab size chunks. I have used gammon in the past to great success.
- Skewer the scallops, alternating with the bacon pieces, and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper (remember, the bacon is already salty) and roll in the grated Parmesan.
- Grill over hot coals or under a preheated broiler until the edges of the bacon are sizzling and the scallops are firm and opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges.