Indian Mustard Cauliflower and Broccoli is an amazing side dish from the Indian sub continent. The flavours of the mustard seeds and green chilies with the colour of the Turmeric makes this dish bloom. Superb side dish with a kick. The broccoli and Cauliflower have never been popular in my household but in a dish like Indian Mustard Cauliflower and Broccoli, they become very popular. This side dish goes very well with dishes such as Lamb Korma , Prawn and Spinach Biryani and Chana Dal. All in, this recipe produces a delicious dish that is quick to cook. Just adjust the mustard seeds to adjust the heat.
Indian Mustard Cauliflower and Broccoli
- Grind the mustard seed, salt, chiles, turmeric, and water to a paste.
- Let this stand for at least one hour exposed to air.
- Sauté the broccoli and cauliflower in the oil over high heat until slightly crisp and brown around the edges.
- Add the mustard mixture and toss.
- Reduce the heat and cook covered until all the liquid is absorbed, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro or parsley.
- Instead of Mustard Oil you can use vegetable oil.
- Try to use yellow and black mustard seeds as they give a superb colouring effect.
- Cut the cauliflower and broccoli into small florets.
- I use cilantro (coriander) but parsley can be used instead.