Seafood Fettuccine is one of those dishes everyone should know. The ingredients are so simple that even I can cook this and make it a success. Every Italian knows how to make pasta. Seafood Fettuccine is a gorgeous simple Italian dish that never fails to impress. The mixture of seafood, cream cheese and pasta is a meal to enjoy. I use fettuccini in this but you can use others such as spaghetti or Linguini. It is easy to make your own pasta with each piece handmade not machined. Check our recipe “Homemade Pasta“. Make it, cut it, cook it and enjoy it.
- Cook the fettucini according to the packet instructions and whilst it's cooking, you can get the sauce together.
- Put the oil in a pan and when it's hot, fry the onion and garlic until softened - do not brown.
- Add the cream cheese and wine and stir rapidly to make the sauce creamy.
- Add the seafood cocktail to the pan and heat though for about 2 minutes - taste and add salt and pepper if required. Salt is rarely needed.
- Drain and reserve some of the pasta water.
- Tip the pasta back into the pan and pour the sauce over.
- Mix thoroughly.
- If the sauce seems a bit thick, add a tablespoon of the pasta water to slacken it off.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan and a twist of black pepper.