Southern-Style Barbecued Pork is a slow cooked recipe that is so easy, it will become a favourite.. The recipe can also be used for other meats as well making this a versatile recipe. Nobody needs the stress of cooking when in a rush. Finally, you can produce a marinade quickly, cover the meat and let it do its thing in the fridge overnight. A large task is out of the way to enable you to concentrate on other things.
Southern-Style Barbecued Pork Tip:
Southern-Style Barbecued Pork
- Combine all ingredients except the pork roast in a saucepan over moderate heat and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the roast in a large plastic bag and add the sauce.
- Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove the roast from the marinade and place in the slow cooker.
- Add 3/4 cup (180 ml) water to the marinade and add to the slow cooker.
- Cook covered on low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the roast from the sauce and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing or shredding.