This recipe is simple to cook and is a lovely twist with the spicy jalapenos and the smooth peanut butter covering the chicken breasts and pasta creating a divine meal
Spicy Chicken Peanut Pasta
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 2 Tbs green onions minced
- 2 Tbs jalapeño peppers minced
- 2 Tbs lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup low-fat peanut butter smooth
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Asian chili sauce
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-fat low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup red pepper julienned
- 1/2 cup carrots sliced
- 6 cups capellini pasta
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, green onions, and jalapeños and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, peanut butter, coconut milk, chili sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat the broth in another skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the chicken in the broth for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, red peppers, and carrots. Saute until the chicken is done and vegetables are crisp, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions but ensure piping hot ready for serving.
- Add the chicken and vegetable mixture to the sauce. Toss the peanut sauce with the capellini and serve.