Brie Sauce is a French vegetarian starter sauce that sets the style of any dinner. The milk and melted brie served with vegetables especially asparagus creates a sublime dish. It will be a talking point. Also, I have served this in larger quantity as a brunch The brie is an excellent choice for its natural flavour and mild aroma and it melts into a lovely mess. This mess creates the Brie Sauce A touch of grated nutmeg adds an additional hit for a typically divine dish. If you wanted to go for a stronger flavour, then camembert works well as well.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over moderate heat and stir in the flour.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Cut the rindless cheese into pieces and add to the sauce, stirring until melted.
- Season with salt, white pepper, and nutmeg.
- Spoon the sauce over the cooked vegetables.
- Serve immediately.