Sticky BBQ Spareribs are a bbq must have. They are very easy to prepare with a sticky rum marinade that can be made in advance. Once marinated, they can be kept in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer for a few months. Serve as a main dish or a side dish, they both work. I include either rum or brandy in the marinade for that deep flavour but you don’t have to.
Sticky BBQ Spareribs
- Finely slice the spring onions and place into a container large enough to hold all of the ribs.
- Add the chilli and garlic.
- Add the ribs to the mix together with all of the remaining ingredients together with salt and pepper.
- When all of the ingredients are in the container, move the ribs about to get everything well coated.
- (You can keep the ribs uncooked – tightly covered – in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for several months.)
- When you are ready to bbq the ribs, place them over a moderate heat for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Whilst cooking make sure you turn the ribs over frequently to ensure even cooking and to baste with remaining marinade each time.
- If you have any leftover sauce at the end, heat it up in a pan and pour it over the ribs just before serving.