Avocado Stuffed with Smoked Fish is a delightful starter that is superbly refreshing. It sets the standard for the rest of the meal. This dish is ready within 15 minutes and contains nothing but good flavours and amazing textures. I normally use chopped coriander/cilantro or parsley as a garnish to finish for both flavour and appearance. The inclusion of hard boiled eggs that are then mashed gives the filling a lovely smooth texture. the smoked whitefish only needs to be flaked apart and mixed in. Always make sure that the avocados are lovely and ripe to make this dish a success.
Avocado Stuffed with Smoked Fish
- Rub the yolks of the eggs through a fine strainer and finely chop the egg whites.
- Mash the egg yolks and the milk together in a deep bowl.
- Add the lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Beat in the olive oil, a little at a time, to form an emulsion.
- Remove the skin and small bones from the fish and mix it into the sauce, flaking it with a fork.
- Add the chopped egg whites and toss gently to combine thoroughly.
- Just before serving, slice the avocados in half and remove the seeds, along with any discolored parts of the flesh.
- Divide the fish mixture among the avocado halves, mounding it slightly.
- Sprinkle with a little chopped parsley or cilantro and serve at once.