Beef and Eggplant Casserole is a dish so full of flavour, you will be asking for seconds. Few people will think of beef and eggplant as partners but this casserole will prove them wrong. This dish is ready from start to finish with 30 minutes making it ideal for those last minute “what do I have to eat” dinners. This American dish is easy enough that even I can do it. Eggplants are also known as Aubergines, a large purplish vegetable that is very underrated. Using grated cheddar cheese as a topping finishes this dish off superbly. The soft melted cheese goes so well with the beef and aubergine.
Beef and Eggplant Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet brown ground beef, chopped onion and Italian Seasonings; drain.
- Cook peeled, diced eggplant in water until tender; drain.
- In a baking dish, combine the ground beef, the cooked eggplant, stuffing mix, and seasoned salt.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and bake for 15 minutes.