These are superb and go with any Indian food. Bombay Potatoes – Mrs Khan Special are spicy potatoes without being over the top and always a big hit. The combination of spices make these potatoes go into orbit with taste, colour and texture. Whilst I serve these as a side dish, I could have a bowl on their own. they are that good. Everybody knows what I’m cooking when they walk into the house and what is the first thing they ask? Am I cooking Mrs Khan’s special. The answer is always YES. Give them a try and enjoy the meal and don’t forget to thank Mrs Khan.
Bombay Potatoes - Mrs Khan Special
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes, until just soft. Then drain and cool under the cold tap.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, turmeric, ground cumin and coriander.
- Cook for a minute, then add the potatoes to the pan.
- Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring often, until the potato is well coated in the spice mixture.
- Add the tomato wedges and cook for 5 minutes more until they just start to soften.
- Add the seasoning to taste
- Sprinkle over the coriander to serve.