Cheese & Onion Waffles with Sausages
Saturday breakfasts don’t get much better than this. It's fun to make and super tasty to enjoy.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Preheat the oven to 190C, gas mark 5
- Place the sausages on non-stick baking tray and cook for 12 minutes.
- Add the bacon and tomato halves and continue to cook for 10 to 12 minutes until the sausages are thoroughly cooked and the bacon is crispy.
- Meanwhile, make the batter for the waffles.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and stir in the onion and cheese.
- Mix the eggs into the milk and pour it into the well.
- Season, mix well and set aside.
- Heat the waffle iron and grease with butter if necessary
- Once hot, add large spoonful's of the batter
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked through and transfer to warm plates
- Cut the sausages in half and layer in the waffles with the bacon and tomatoes
Sodium: 293mg | Sugar: 3g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 200mg | Cholesterol: 14mg | Calories: 303kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fat: 7g | Protein: 11g | Carbohydrates: 50g