Eggplant Parmesan (Parmigiana di Melanzane)
Soft delicate eggplant with marinara and parmesan. Must try recipe.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Sprinkle the eggplant slices lightly with salt and place on paper towels for 30 minutes to drain.
- Mix bread crumbs and oregano on a plate.
- Dry the eggplant slices, dust with flour, dip in beaten eggs, and cover with bread crumb mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute the eggplant slices until medium brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place a thin coating of marinara sauce in the bottom of a baking pan large enough to hold the eggplant in a single layer.
- Arrange the eggplant slices on the sauce.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on top of each eggplant slice and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Cover with the remaining marinara sauce. Bake in a 325F (165C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Calories: 623kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 1501mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g