Simple but so damn tasty recipe that is a superb comfort food on a cold winters day. The fried egg on top is the perfect finishing touch.
Simple but so damn tasty recipe that is a superb comfort food on a cold winters day. The fried egg on top is the perfect finishing touch.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large eggs free range
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 4 large red bell peppers deseeded and sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 4 large green bell peppers deseeded and sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 3 medium onions peeled and sliced into quarters
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 400 g plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a large frying pan heat the oil over medium to high heat.
- Fry the onions and cook until soft. and then add the crushed garlic and cook.
- Add the red and green peppers and cook, frequently turning the mixture over, until the peppers begin to soften.
- Add the tomatoes with juice.
- Add the paprika, white wine vinegar, thyme or parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook until peppers are soft and the juices have begun to thicken, about 20 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan shallow fry four eggs.
- Place the cooked vegetables into individual dishes and top with a fried egg.
- Sprinkle with chopped thyme or parsley.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 212mg | Sodium: 1725mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g