Pumpkin Pasta is a sublime dish that is filling, tasty and so very quick to cook. The combination of canned pumpkin, cream and parmesan will always be a winner. I use Spaghetti but Farfalle, Conchiglie and Fusilli or any other is perfect. The cream makes the sauce silky with the cheese adding body. Also use any left over meat such as chicken for extra flavour and texture. Served as a main dish brings smiles all round.
- Add tap water to a large pan. Add salt to the water and place over a high heat.
- When boiling, add the pasta and cook according to the instructions.
- Drain it and set aside.
- Over a medium heat, add the butter and allow o melt without burning.
- Add the garlic and cook for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Add the canned pumpkin together with the cream and gently whisk.
- When combined, add the parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the sauce and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- If you are including any leftover meats (chicken/turkey etc) warm in a microwave and add to the sauce.
- The pasta should be ready by now so test its cooked. Drain into a colander over a mug to catch some of the water.
- Combine the sauce and the pasta and serve immediately in warmed bowls.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a little of the pasta water and stir to thin.
- Top with grated parmesan and finely chopped parsley.