BBQ Honey Sauce is a lovely alternative to the usual bbq sauces. Using honey gives a sweetness and produces a glorious sticky coat over most meats. It has the benefit of a joint hit of red wine and chili sauce for warmth and body. Also, I use this as a marinade to cover the meat for a few hours at least for even more flavour. Overall, this is a sauce I always offer and is very popular. Not only that, I make it a day or two in advance and keep it in the fridge.
BBQ Honey Sauce
- Combine the honey, chilli sauce, mustard, red wine, minced onion and Worcestershire Sauce into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minute whilst it thickens.
- This is where I would start brushing the meat with the sauce. During the cooking, whether on a bbq or in an oven keep basting with the sauce every 10 minutes or so.
- When fully cooked, use the remaining sauce as a dip so nothing is wasted.