Pour this over poached eggs for a decadent brunch or over steamed fish for a delicate supper.
Spicy Hollandaise Sauce
- Melt the butter over a low flame until it begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat.
- Put the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper in the container of an electric blender.
- Cover and blend on high speed for about 5 seconds.
- Remove the cover and add the butter in a slow stream, blending at high speed for approximately 30 seconds more.
- The sauce should be smooth with no traces of unincorporated butter.
- Pour the sauce into a small bowl and whisk in the ketchup and Tabasco sauce.