A fast delicious meal. The Stuffed Italian Chicken with sundried tomatoes and cream cheese makes it a meal worth waiting for. When you are looking for a meal that will satisfy your family both young and old. The moist chicken sitting on a bed of hot pasta with the sumptuous sauce is appealing in every way. As in taste, appearance and aroma. For the adult version, serve with a lovely chilled Vouvray or Chardonnay for the perfect accompaniment. If you enjoy Chicken recipes then please view Chicken Dijon and a very popular recipe Indian Butter Chicken. There are so many recipes on our site, it would take years of enjoyment to try them all.
Stuffed Italian Chicken
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- Beat the olives and sundried tomatoes, garlic and almost all the herbs into the cheese, then season.
- Cut a slit along the side of each chicken breast, then use your knife to open it out into a pocket.
- Stuff each breast with a quarter of the cheese mix, then press to close. Lift onto a greased baking tray.
- Season the top of the chicken, then overlap tomato slices over the top of each piece of chicken.
- Boil pan of salted water and add the pasta. Cook according to packet instructions.
- Season, then scatter with the remaining herbs. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 20 mins until the chicken is golden around the edges and the tomatoes look a little shrivelled. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread to mop up the juices.