In Turkey, grilled meat patties, called köfte, are a national favourite and the single most popular dish prepared with ground beef.
An amazing recipe that ends in lamb meatballs with so much flavour.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 14 meatballs
- Combine the meat, onion, rice, and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Form into meatballs about 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter.
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan and add the meatballs.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Remove the meatballs to a plate and discard the water.
- Heat the oil to a temperature of 350F (180C), or until the surface shimmers.
- Dip the meatballs into the beaten egg and deep fry for about 5 minutes, turning as necessary, until browned on all sides.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm until served.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 0.02g