Asparagus a la Flamande
This is a healthy vegetarian dish from Belgium that is a lovely starter and also side dish.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Unless the asparagus are very thin, peel away the tough outer skin using a vegetable peeler.
- Tie them in a bundle with kitchen twine and drop into a large pot of boiling water.
- Cook uncovered until tender, 10 to 20 minutes depending on thickness.
- Remove the asparagus from the water and drain on a towel.
- Mash the eggs with a fork in a small bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Arrange the asparagus on a serving platter or individual plates and spoon the egg mixture on top, leaving the ends of the asparagus uncovered.
- Serve immediately.
Try a grating of fresh nutmeg for additional flavour.
Sodium: 142mg | Sugar: 8g | Fiber: 8g | Potassium: 91mg | Cholesterol: 45mg | Calories: 195kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.04g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.02g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Fat: 17g | Protein: 9g | Carbohydrates: 9g