Baked Italian Eggs are a sublime collection of ingredients that produce a dish of amazing flavour. The baked eggs with a marinara sauce and grated gruyere and parmesan makes this dish so tasty. Served as a main dish during the day and ideal for breakfast and brunch meals. A lovely way to start the day.
Italian Baked Eggs
- Preheat oven to 425F / 220C.
- Lightly oil two 10-ounce ramekins.
- Divide marinara sauce into two and share between the ramekins. Retain the other half for later.
- Place the eggs, milk, gruyere and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper, to taste, on top of the sauce.
- Ladel the remaining marinara sauce over the dish except the egg.
- Place into oven and bake until egg whites are cooked. Should be about 10 minutes.
- Garnished with frshly chopped basil and grated parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
Image supplied by Arnold Gatilao from Oakland, CA, USA [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons